Real People Hurricane Relief

Real People Relief is for individuals, families and groups who wish to help a person or family directly, with no "middle man" "Be The Change" Ghandi "I pray that I may not be tempted, by indifference or selfishness to withhold from others the help I have received." Author Unknown to me

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Elizabeth + 4

Elizabeth; Lionel, Caleb, Celina, Cristina

Email: eabroussard @ yahoo.com

Location We lived in gentilly, new orleans (8th ward/18th district), now in Jonesboro, GA. I don't know where we will be in a year.

Number in Household: Elizabeth-33 (self) , female; Lionel- 32, male; Caleb- 9, boy; Celina-2, girl; Cristina-1, girl

Situation I am searching for a Christmas Angel for our 3 kids. My boyfriend works full time but he makes just enough to cover the bills. I am trying to find work around but it is hard to find one around my kids' many doctor appointments.

My oldest is 9 and sees a psychiatrist about twice a month for depression and self esteem issues. He had been missing for about 22 days because of hurricane Katrina and was found by someone who saw his picture posted on CNN***. He had been in 5 different schools in 3 different states for 2005 first grade alone. Since that time he still has nightmares, wets the bed, and becomes very homesick for our family and his things. He has more doctors and medication than I do.

My middle child is 2. She was 3 weeks old when the hurricane struck. Every baby items I had for her I left behind except for a few days worth of clothes and diapers and formula. Everything else .. gone.

My youngest just turned 1 but she was born 10 weeks premature. She sees a physical therapist every week.

We had lost everything in 2005. Everything we have now is due to the kindness of strangers. However, recent events have led us to become in need of help.

Current Living Arrangements: Apartment

Needs: Baby Items

12/11 - I have finally gotten a list of the families needs and wishes for Christmas!
Caleb - 9 sizes – top: 14 ,bottom: 14 husky, shoes 6 youth
For Xmas Glasses, Anything Pokemon, video games

Celina -2 - sizes – clothes 3T, shoes 8 toddler, diapers size 5
For Xmas Clothes, Shoes, Diapers, anything Dora, anything Diego

Cristina -1 sizes – clothes 12 m, shoes 2 infant, diapers size 2
For Xmas - Hair accessories, Hello Kitty, Light up toys, Age Appropriate toys

11/17
The family is dealing with a death, has to borrow a friend's PC, so will be adding to the needs list as soon as she is able.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home